This brief, free online course helps volunteers and staff understand the importance of their surroundings, how and where to report suspicious activity, how to take protective actions and how to be the help until help arrives.
Recognizing that no community is immune to intentional attacks, emergency services agencies in the metro have been working with special event organizers to design and offer web-based awareness training that helps volunteers and staff be better prepared should an incident occurs.
At the end of this course, volunteers and staff will learn:
- When and where a threat can occur.
- The type of mass gatherings and special events likely to be targeted.
- Notable past events.
- The role in supporting law enforcement and emergency services in providing the necessary levels of security.
- What are suspicious activities and how to report them.
- How volunteers and staff can protect themselves if an intentional attack happens.
- How to be the help until help arrives.
This training was made possible with funding support from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.