COVID-19 highlights for the week of 3/10/22:
- Cases continue to decrease in the HCC Metro and HCC N-S.
- New hospital admissions of patients with COVID-19 continue to decrease but remain high.
- We will feel the impacts of sustained pressure on the health care system (particularly those related to staff shortages) for a long time.
What Can I Expect?
- Improved wait times for emergency services and better availability of local hospital beds.
- Many hospitals are beginning to reschedule patient procedures that were previously delayed. This means you may be contacted to reschedule your postponed procedure or appointment.
What Can I Do?
- Remember that the virus is still here in the community – stay up-to-date on vaccinations and boosters.
- Take care of yourselves and those around you.
- Schedule any missed routine health maintenance appointments and seek ways to improve your overall health: regular immunizations, diet, exercise, stress management, and eliminating or limiting unhealthy behaviors like smoking and alcohol consumption.