COVID-19 highlights for the week of 02/07/2022:
- Cases and hospitalizations are showing welcome decreases in the Metro region, but they remain higher than any previous wave in the pandemic.
- Hospitals are just starting to experience improving trends in terms of new admissions of patients with COVID-19 but the impacts of sustained pressure on the system (particularly those related to staff shortages) will be felt for a long time.
- ICU capacity is particularly strained due to longer length of stay among patients with COVID-19, which average up to three times longer than other types of patients.
What Can I Expect?
- Long wait times for emergency services and limited availability of local hospital beds
- Many hospitals continue prioritizing critical healthcare resources and reallocating services and support where necessary. This means you may be contacted to reschedule your procedure or appointment.
What Can I Do?
- Remember that the virus is still here in the community – continue practicing mitigation measures.
- Stay “Up to Date” on Vaccines and Boosters
- Follow CDC guidelines on Isolation and Quarantine