COVID-19 highlights for the week of 02/14/2022:
- Cases and hospitalizations continue to decrease in the Metro region, but still remain very high.
- New hospital admissions of patients with COVID-19 continue to decrease, however, impacts of sustained pressure on the system (particularly those related to staff shortages) will be felt for a long time.
- ICU capacity is particularly strained due to longer length of stay among patients with COVID-19, which average up to three times longer than other types of patients.
What Can I Expect?
- Improved wait times for emergency services and better availability of local hospital beds.
- Many hospitals are beginning to reschedule patient procedures that were previously delayed. This means you may be contacted to reschedule your postponed procedure or appointment.
What Can I Do?
- Remember that the virus is still here in the community – continue practicing mitigation measures.
- Be kind to the healthcare workers who have been serving you tirelessly throughout this pandemic.
- Take care of yourselves and those around you. Seek medical care at the appropriate facility when necessary, especially for chronic conditions, routine health maintenance, and particularly for those conditions that you have delayed seeking treatment for.