COVID-19 Highlights for the Week of 10/18/21:
- Kudos to all — mitigation measures are paying off with lower cases, deaths, and hospitalizations.
- Schools are facing food shortages due to cancelled food-supply contracts as suppliers face COVID-induced transportation shortfalls.
- Significant staff vacancies at hospitals and the remaining staff are working well-beyond the norm.
- State supported MAB sites (which have provided over 1,563 infusions to patients); Region A state-supported sites will be closing on Saturday October 23.
- Communities within our region remain in high and substantial levels of transmission as defined by the CDC.
What Can I Expect?
- Temptation to let up on masking which, as our history with COVID has shown, could lead to increased transmission and perhaps another surge.
- Non-standard breakfasts and lunches at K-12 schools.
- Greater hospital staff absences as they rest, recover, and recuperate; some requiring isolation or quarantine due to exposure to COVID.
What Can I Do?
Now is the time to keep up the great work (masking, vaccinations, & boosters) as we protect ourselves and those around us from COVID-19 and influenza.