Prevent the spread of COVID in our community
The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus, and we can all do our part to slow the spread throughout the Kansas City region. While we are still learning how COVID-19 spreads, individuals protect yourself by:
- Stay home as much as possible
- Call, text or use social media to keep in touch with family and friends. Skip the in-person visits, especially with people who face higher risks from getting sick.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick and stay home if you are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
Cleaning and disinfectant measures can also help prevent the spread of COVID-19.