These COVID-19 resources can help keep everyone in the greater Kansas City region safe, informed and connected.
COVID doesn’t take time off for the holidays
It’s the holiday season, which means it’s more important than ever not to let your guard down.
Start planning now to make your holiday activities safer for your friends and and family. In addition to the basic steps to protect your health described below, here are some suggestions to reduce the spread of COVID-19 this holiday season.
Stop the Spread
The Kansas City metro area is still averaging hundreds of new cases of COVID-19 every week, and now is not the time to let our guard down. The preventive actions you take are more important than ever as we work together to stop the spread. So what can you do?
- WEAR A MASK —Always wear a mask in public places and make sure the cloth completely covers your nose and mouth. More >
- KEEP YOUR DISTANCE — Staying six feet apart makes it harder for virus droplets to move from one person to another. More >
- WASH YOUR HANDS – Washing with warm, soapy water for at least 20 seconds kills the virus. More >
- AVOID CROWDS — Weigh the risks before attending any gathering or event where you might not be able to keep a six-foot distance from others. More >
- GET TESTED — If you have symptoms, get tested. If you have been near someone who has COVID-19, get tested — even if you don’t have symptoms. More >
- GET A FLU SHOT — It’s possible to get both the flu and COVID-19 at the same time, and we’re entering flu season now. Get a flu shot before the end of October. More >
- FOLLOW LOCAL GUIDELINES — Do your part to protect your health, your family and your community by following guidelines established by local health departments and public officials. More >
Latest COVID-19 Updates
Prevent the Spread
We all can play a part in protecting ourselves and others from getting and spreading COVID-19.